cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android Device...help

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I am finally escaping my 24 month contract and am ready to upgrade, I need opinions on the best choice. I am currently on the Samsung S3 do I go S5, HTC M8 or Z3????
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd advise to go to the high street shops and try out the working demo models and check out end user reviews on YouTube.

Our preferences are different and have different wants and needs.
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Everyone will tell you a different phone based on their preference, but any of those 3 phones are fantastic slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Only you can decide, taking into consideration screen size etc. I would be happy with any of those if my choice was limited to them but...there are other phones out there. Get down to the high dtreet and get a feel for the phones.

Message 4 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
What's your needs?
Music z3 / M8
Raw power z3 / NOTE 4 (you didn't list it but it's just about to come out and is mental spec)
Pictures s5
Video s5 / z3
Gaming z3 (if you have ps4)
Design Z3 / M8
But inevitably it comes down to what your needs are and how you use it.
Go have a play in a store, you might find something you've not yet considered such as the LG G3, often forgotten but very very nice.
Message 5 of 11

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It's like buying a car....what one would you not be embarassed to be seen with.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 11

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

If all rumors are correct the Nexus 6 should be released this month, wait till that is anounced? I know a lot of people who bought this outright and got a cheap sim only deal. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the advice guys I think test driving in store is going to be the answer....to be honest camera, power and battery life are all key so I'll go with that and thank you for the LG suggestion I had forgotten about that
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Test driving in store is nothing like real world usage. Whilst you may get an "initial feel" for the phone you won't find all the little things that either please or displease you until you have used it for a while....
There is a 7 or 14 day change your mind period though (depending if you purchase in store or online) so bear that in mind too when deciding.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And do let us know which you choose
Message 10 of 11