Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help With Phones

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
Good Morning Everyone,
I'm about to buy myself a simfree mobile phone because I recently had 2 give up my Samsung galaxy s4 and give it to a family member 😞 now I don't know what 2 to buy if anyone can enlighten me and help me with my choice it will be very helpful thanks....I either want to get the Samsung Galaxy S5 or Sony Xperia Z1 or LG G2......I've read the reviews and went on 2 stores but still don't know ...arghhh. ..what I want is arghhh good camera and good battery but im abit scared if I get the lg g2 or sony z1 and I run out of power outside than I would b without arghhh phone where with the Samsung galaxy s5 I can carry a spare battery open it and change it over that's what I like about the Samsungs. .....any help please 😞
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27670 Solutions
How heavy a user are you ?
In powersave mode, the Z1 will last almost 4 days for me. Id say I'm a medium user of apps and I stream spotify for about 2 hours a day with 2 email accounts on sync.
Portable power packs are cheap to buy these days. I've got one I bought from Amazon for £12 and will recharge my phone battery twice before a recharge, so in theory I can be away from power for almost 2 weeks without worry.
Also the Z1 is a great phone....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about my arghhh lol I'm confused need 2 get one today
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

The word is your oyster or so to speak !

Id suggest you make a shortlist of say 5 phones and make a visit to the high-street to have a play with the demo models and go from there.

Perhaps do seek a handset with a removable battery option if thats a deal breaker for you or carry round a charger / usb cable !

Im happy with a days heavy usage out of my iPhone and iPad Air.

I reviewed the Sony Xperia Z for O2 and found it to be a very nice handset.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Sony-Xperia-Z-My-Mini-Review/m-p/582670/highlight/...

Perhaps look at the m8 too.

Message 3 of 22

jonsie
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

All down to personal choice. I'm going for the S5 or Note 3 but that's my preference. As bob says, try different phones in the retail stores and go with whatever suits your needs and budget.

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I must admit I like samsungs for the reason of the swappable battery I would say the s5 have you considered the note 3 the battery life is outstanding
Message 5 of 22

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

there are other options other than spare internal batteries I have an external 7000mah battery pack that will charge all phones using the correct usb  lead that is how I extend the battery life of my iphone when away from mains power.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27670 Solutions
How heavy a user are you ?
In powersave mode, the Z1 will last almost 4 days for me. Id say I'm a medium user of apps and I stream spotify for about 2 hours a day with 2 email accounts on sync.
Portable power packs are cheap to buy these days. I've got one I bought from Amazon for £12 and will recharge my phone battery twice before a recharge, so in theory I can be away from power for almost 2 weeks without worry.
Also the Z1 is a great phone....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Omg @MI5 u joking .....yeah I'm really a heavy user always on my phone. ..
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I've checked the note 3 out its kinder too big @Anonymous
Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27670 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Omg @MI5 u joking .....

I never joke wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22