cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 3 TO 4-5 UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I currently have the NOTE 3 and live in the UK

I love the Note series, because I use the phone to draw and it's waay better than any other phone I have had in the past

(apple and galaxy s3)

but It's due for an upgrade, having heard the NOTE 5 might not be coming to UK anymore (I'm still anxious to wait)

IS it worth getting the Note 4? 

Others have even mentioned the NOTE EDGE

but eh, I'm not too keen on it! 

Some also say wait until SEPT for the Note 6 but I don't think my phone can last that long it's a little worn out now. 

What do you reccomend? Should I risk getting the 4 now and wait until the 6 comes out later in the year, or still hold on to the hopes 5 shows up.

I just know my luck if I get the 4 and the 5 pops up next month. I won't be able to afford to refresh it. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
The last we heard was that the Note 5 was coming to the UK, anytime now, but no mention if O2 was getting it though.
The Note 4 is still very capable though and shouldn't disappoint you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw rumors on numerous sites that it was coming out January this year, but I asked them on Twitter and they told me it wasn't coming to UK anymore. 😞 

Message 3 of 22

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

You can get the Note 5 from various sources but with the S7 coming, I don't think the Note 5 will be launched by Samsung in the UK. Various reports stated it was coming in January but we are still waiting. If you really want the 5 them look on Google but make sure it's a reputable dealer (look at feedback).

Personally I'm happy with the Note 4, I don't have to have the latest and greatest when the 4 does more than I am capable of. 

Message 4 of 22

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I saw rumors on numerous sites that it was coming out January this year, but I asked them on Twitter and they told me it wasn't coming to UK anymore. 😞 

I know. One minute it is and the next it isn't, so the only certainty that does what you want now is a Note 4 from O2 or a 5 bought sim free online.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I normally get my phones on contract, and have been with o2 doing this for 6 years, so I don't think I could afford a straight off note 5 model.

I might wait another month and see if it surfaces to the UK

otherwise I'm wasting my time, and might as well get the 4 

Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Like I said, you won't be disappointed.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It probably won't be coming to UK. I say that cuz in reality the only real difference is cpu speed. The note 4 is still a high end performer and in real world use is just as good as note 5 so releasing here is a risk they don't need to take.
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could wait a few weeks & see if the forthcoming S7 takes your fancy or the Galaxy A5 is just as good

Message 9 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

However I still continue to look for reputable sellers for the Note 5. Thing is I'm not rushing as my Note 3 is great...so by the time I need to upgrade ....no doubt there will be another one that catches my eye...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 22