Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyO2 update v6.0 location bug

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since updating to the new version of myo2 this morning, it now requires location services. Trouble is even after closing the app it leaves gps active which kills the battery. Only fix is to reboot device. Anyone else? Few on play store reporting same
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It simply means that the CIA, MI6 and NASA know where you are and what you are doing at any given moment in time.....be careful of the ff camera too LOL

Message 11 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It simply means that the CIA, MI6 and NASA know where you are and what you are doing at any given moment in time.....be careful of the ff camera too LOL

All those but not @MI5 ? ...How sad....Horrified LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 29

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

I leave mine on but primarily because I need it for Lockwatch to work correctly in locating my phone if I lose it or need to wipe it remotely etc.
If apps are written properly it won't intrude on your use of the phone or impact battery life - If the dev's get it wrong, however, it will suck your battery as it seems to be the case with the My O2 update.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 29

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Issue needs flagging to @Toby to feedback - That's gonna be very irritating having to keep switching location services off and on all the time manually.

Also, why does My O2 need to know your location anyway?

I'll raise this with the rest of the team guys.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 29

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Cheers Toby slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I leave mine on but primarily because I need it for Lockwatch to work correctly in locating my phone if I lose it or need to wipe it remotely etc.
If apps are written properly it won't intrude on your use of the phone or impact battery life - If the dev's get it wrong, however, it will suck your battery as it seems to be the case with the My O2 update.

Thanks for that...I will leave it on then as it certainly doesn't affect my battery. (and yes I know it's all down to personal usage) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 29

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Far too many apps have permissions they dont need. But what else can ypu do if you want the app
Message 17 of 29

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@paulbacon wrote:
Far too many apps have permissions they dont need. But what else can ypu do if you want the app

We do have the choice but yes, you want the app then it's not much of a choice slight_frown

Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've run it a couple of times today, and it has accounted for 9% of battery use, coming in third behind the screen and android system - so this def needs to be looked at, and quick!

Message 19 of 29

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 20 of 29