cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My S6 just died!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a text from a friend, read it - when I went back to the phone to reply it wasn't on (it lives on the wireless charger so was nearly fully charged) - tried to turn it on - nothing, tried the hard reset, nothing, left it alone for a while off wireless pad - nothing, tried talking to it nicely - nothing, tried shouting and swearing at it - nothing. Bit peeved it's only just over a month old - oh well at least I have TuGo installed and ready to go on the tablet as a fall back.

Nearest samsung service center Peterborough or Norwich - oh well, something to do tomorrow!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Yes, No, Yes slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers MI5 just had to double check them yes and no's with my questions haha! its pretty sweet is the wireless charger but definitely alot slower then the fast charge but it's good if your feeling lazy when your going to bed at night and can't be bothered to get up to plug your phone in tongue
Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
one other thing... do i need to switch the wireless charger off at the mains when i'm finished charger my s6 or could i just leave it plug in with the mains on?
Message 23 of 27

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It won't be doing anything* when plugged in unless you drop the phone on it so you can safely leave it.

*power transformer will still be dropping mains voltage but power consumption is negligible.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
"power transformer will still be dropping mains voltage but power consumption is negligible."

I don't know what that means 😞 so it's safe to leave the wall mains switch on with the wireless charger plug in even when the phone is not on the wireless pad charging?
Message 25 of 27

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Yes slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again slight_smile

Message 27 of 27