Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Note 3 and Lollipop (the aftermath)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

No apologies for the dramatic title ....I have installed Lollipop and have a few questions and queries

Nothing technical... I am not interested in any of that. The phone runs beautifully with no problems (go me :smileytongue:) but a few things have changed and some for the good and others not so much...

The Good

*Forgive me for saying I like the new colours for notications and emails etc.

*I like the speed of it all (fast isn't the word)

*Battery life is improved

Not so good (or maybe things I dont understand)

This is what I see in About device'.....Why have I only got Lollipop 5.0 and not the latest version?

And could anyone explain what SE for Android Status means?

Oh...and does everything else look ok on this 'about device' page

So...if we can start with that...I have more non techy questions to ask. LOL

(One thing you will realise... I am very willing to learn new stuff even though it may be as basic as hell to some of you) Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That's all fine.
5.0 is the latest version of Android, for your device. Remember android, unlike iOS, runs different versions on different devices. Yours will catch up at some point or at least update to a newer version.
The "SE" is to do with the security policy installed on the device.
Best understood by reading about Samsung's Knox policy here https://www.samsungknox.com/en/faq/what-difference-between-se-android-status-enforcing-permissive-an...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
PS. "SE" stands for "Security Enhancement"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Ok then. You know my Note 3 came from CPW sim free...and I have got Lollipop late ...these new updates to 5.1 etc....is that the same type of big deal about backing up and all that stuff I did before installing 5.0?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
5.0 to 5.1 would be but not such a big deal if going to 5.01 or 5.02

Currently using:
Message 5 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Oh and the Knox version..is that also fine? I keep reading about 'tripping knox and voiding warranty'...is that only if you root your phone? (Not that I would ever do any of that as I don't think I need my phone 'rooting') ...whatever that means Mwhahaha

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No problems at all for your intended usage, or anyone else who's not into modding and flashing.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Now down to some basic stuff. Emails!

Mine come in via Bt Internet and before I upgraded I had the option to delete any email without even opening it

(little dustbin icon) That has gone now and I only am able to delete after opening the damn email?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 21

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Swipe right on the email header.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No problems at all for your intended usage, or anyone else who's not into modding and flashing.

Sorry to post before you replied but I have these questions all written down you see...so no I dont think I would be into modding ...or even flashing.. at my age...Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21