cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I lost my phone on Saturday 26th in a club in Shoreditch. I have tried to ring on my work break but hold took too long.  I have insurance and would like to block my phone and claim a new phone on my insurance. 

Thank you,

Laura Maxwell

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
  • 122918 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Crap, thanks guys. Thought the live chat was private as you might have guessed. such an idiot. 

Not to worry but I hope you have reported it as lost by now?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122918 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Sorry @Bambino ...didnt see your post till I had done my reply...(slow slow...no quick quick...just slower) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and a warm Welcome to the O2 Customer Community Forum.

If you didn't have any access security pins / passwords activated ,and a person could have accessed your personal details on the phone, then it may be prudent to change any passwords of sites you may have still been logged in and any info you may have keyed into any Notes App.

O2 will send you out a replacement Sim Card. When you receive this you will need to again speak to O2 to have the account bar lifted so you can use the replacement SIM card.

I hope your insurance claim processes swiftly so your back up and running Asap.
Message 23 of 31

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can also check here to see if you can remotely access your phone to locate it and wipe it https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 31

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@viridis wrote:
On a slightly sarcastic note, one of us could have copied the email address that was posted up and......

Although saying that, there was enough info up for us to get it blocked on her behalf.
Hope she comes back before her time runs out at least. 72 hour limit isn't it?

What do you mean 72 hour limit? For what?

As it's late Monday/early Tuesday and she lost the phone Saturday and hasn't reported it, unfortunately she probably has a huge bill already, and will be responsible for it.

Sorry, I meant for insurance claims.

Some insurers terms state that networks must be notified within xx hours of a phone being lost or stolen or the policy is void.

Message 25 of 31

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Laura had reported the loss to the police as the initial post included a crime reference number.

Message 26 of 31

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
But not the network.
Eg.
HOW DO I MAKE A CLAIM?
1. You must report the theft or loss of any mobile network-enabled device (including mobile phones and tablets) to your network provider and blacklist your handset within 7 days of discovery (72 hours for all unauthorised usage claims)

Message 27 of 31

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Although null and void point if insurance is direct with o2.
I'll get back in my box.
Message 28 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122918 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Although null and void point if insurance is direct with o2.
I'll get back in my box.

No need to get back in box...although some info not relevant to the Op...it IS relevant nonetheless in amongst the minefield that is insurance claiming...and on that Note...I will get in my box... and close the lid..:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 31

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 30 of 31