cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Phone Connectivity

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an on going problem where my phone will simply stop receiving calls and text messages. According to the phone display I have a connection to o2 as I have both a full set of bars and it says "02-UK" on the display.

If I simply reboot my phone it is fixed for anything from a week to a month.

This issue started around 18 months ago with my Sony Xperia M which i got through Carphone Warehouse and was told it was a phone issue and would need to be sent off for repair, as I could not do without my phone I decided to live with it despite my increased annoyance. 

Recently my contract was upgraded and I now have a new phone (Samsung S5) which also came with a new Sim card, my joy at no longer having the issue were short lived as it has already developed the same issue in less than a month.

I've been online with an O2 guru who is sending me out another new phone as I'm still in the cooling off period however I cannot see this being a solution but more of an "i don't know and this will get rid of you" answer.

i.e. how can two completely different phones from different manufacturers with different sim cards in have the exact same fault.

The only things which have remained are my phone number, the phone operator and the fact both are Android phones.

so surely it's either: -

1 - An issue with my number being able to log onto the network properly

2 - An issue with Android and connectivity in general

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what they are according to the chat link on O2s website ... I prefer the terms "automatons" or "glorifed screen readers"

Message 11 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I'm Toby, the community manager. Sorry to hear that the advice didn't help from Live Chat. Have you contacted us by phone yet since then?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at the moment, I'm at work which is why I use chat. Have to wait until I get home incase the call lasts a while.

Message 13 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Fair enough Derrick,

Do let us know how you get on.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with a nice guy in O2 customer services on Friday who couldn't believe I was sent out a phone, made me feel like I'm not losing the plot. He re-provisioned my account Friday Evening -> Saturday so now it is a waiting game.

I'll keep you posted. *fingers crossed*

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update, as of 31/07/2015 the connection is still stable with no missed calls.

The phone has been rebooted a few times in this period for other reasons (apps locking etc).

I'll keep you posted still.

Message 16 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Here's hoping for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions