Did you mean: 

Lollipop on HTC One M7

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hiya, M7 users!

So, good news - Lollipop is coming and it's heading your way soon! We're hopeful to have the latest update approved and sent back to HTC over the next few days and if everything goes smoothly, we hope you'll start seeing the OTA update roll out towards the end of next week.

I'll give everyone a heads up when it starts pushing out but if it happens to go out early, please do let us know how you get on and what changes or improvements you've noticed since going from KitKat to Lollipop.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've updated my HTC One to Lollipop and now regretting it. The phone doesn't recognise the sim card any more. After restarting it a few times it might recognise it but then the phone will reboot itself and then not recognise the sim again. Took the card out, cleaned it etc. This must be a software issue...

Message 41 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's probably the reason why they've pulled the update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to see it's gone through all the testing then!

Message 43 of 58

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sometimes these things get rushed out due to customer pressure, so networks can't win either way 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 44 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I understand their situation. Since I have the updates to check manually I thought the update had been out for a while, silly me for not checking!

Message 45 of 58

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It appears to have been released and then pulled a few days later, however, HTC are usually pretty good at fixing issues like this so keep an eye on your phone for another update.

Currently using:
Message 46 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it is relevant but I uninstalled the play store so it's on 5.1.11 now and also cleared the cache for Google play services and rebooted. I have signal now but I'm pretty sure the phone will reboot shortly and lose connection again. 

Would be nice to get an official word from HTC/O2 though.

Message 47 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

My M7 upgraded to Lollipop - having annoying issues with wifi, where it just forgets to connect to a local network (notably my home one). Network and password are saved and correct, it just stops being connected for no apparent reason, but happily reconnects when I tell it to. Very annoying.

Message 48 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try going into WiFi settings, selecting your home connection & selecting "forget network". Reconnect & re-insert password. Hope it helps.

Message 49 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Done that a few times I'm afraid, doesn't seem to have any impact...
Message 50 of 58