Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for Tab S 10.5

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just wondering if @Chris_K has any info about o2 releasing the lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 cellular version? I believe Samsung have released it to unlocked versions and Vodafone UK has released it also, been checking for update every day for a while so thought I'd finally just ask. Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'm sure he'll pop along in the morning and let you know.
Message 2 of 10

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I'm sure he'll pop along in the morning and let you know.

Urgh... mornings... *chugs down a 3-shot latte*

@Kuribo wrote:

Just wondering if @Chris_K has any info about o2 releasing the lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 cellular version? I believe Samsung have released it to unlocked versions and Vodafone UK has released it also, been checking for update every day for a while so thought I'd finally just ask. Thanks.

I don't have any info I'm afraid, but leave it with me and i'll get it looked into for you 🙂

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Should never put shots of anything in a latte, should always mix shots with black coffee, I recommend Cointreau for mornings.

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Chris_K wrote:

Should never put shots of anything in a latte, should always mix shots with black coffee, I recommend Cointreau for mornings.

*Tuts* .......or just try a nice strong cup of tea....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:
I don't have any info I'm afraid, but leave it with me and i'll get it looked into for you 🙂
Many thanks slight_smile

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kuribo wrote:

I have a Tab S 10.5 LTE from O2 and mine was supplied unlocked, other sims work in it (I tried my old 3 sim and no problem!)  and there is no O2 branding in the software, hopefully this will be the same for all units supplied by O2 - so I suspect the update is not dependant on O2 but simply when the UK (BTU version i believe it is called) is rolled out in the UK. I too check every day using the Kies tool as the update is in the process of being rolled out.

Message 7 of 10

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ah thanks for the info, I have no other sim to try so I was unsure as to whether it was locked or not, but mine has no o2 splash screen or other branding either as you say so I imagine you're right and from o2 they're all supplied unlocked. Yeah I have checked with Kies also (never been a fan of it though, bit janky!), I also check Sammobile.com regularly as they often have updated firmware lists of what's been released where, just checking again and I was right Vodafone UK have released 5.0.2 for theirs but no sign of the BTU version on their list so I guess we're just waiting for Samsung. 

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you know how you are probably better off heading over to the sammobile.com site and getting the firmware from them.  As long as you download the official version you will maintain your warranty. 

I havn't waited for an O2 OTA update in years.

Message 9 of 10

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The update is rolling out OTA now, I checked earlier on the off chance and it showed up, downloaded and installed, all good.

Message 10 of 10