Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for S5, now live!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Lollipop, lollipop, where for art thou lollipop?

I am here, says Lollipop while standing atop a shiny Samsung Galaxy S5!

Okay enough of the ye olde talk – Lollipop means business. If you thought Jellybean was buttery smooth, then you’ve not seen what Lollipop can do. This is a major platform update and isn’t just a collection of minor bug fixes or anything like that… This is a full blown update – new eye candy, new & fresh menus, new features – all while keeping the system running smooth & fluid while keeping your battery life in check too. You can find out here what Lollipop can do > http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

The update is now live via KIES and should be live via OTA update towards the end of the week, so go grab it now and let us know your thoughts on the new update

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
OK mate.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 61 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Update through Kies 3.0 is not working. Finds device perfectly, first screen passes then 'connection lost' (device disconnects).. reconnects and then prompts me for the same update..

Any walkaround?

Should I just wait for the OTA update? Any idea when this week? 

Thanks guys!

Message 62 of 218

MI5
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I usually find Kies either works, or not.
You could try a different USB port and a different cable but you're probably best to wait for the OTA update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 63 of 218

swebby
Level 3: Thinker
  • 88 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Installed via Kies with no problem. Have 5.02 running on Nexus 7 2012 also. Initially disappointed due to loss of sound off option, but find this has been replaced by interruptions.  All works OK but Nexus is 5.02 and S5 is 5.0.  Only difference I can find between Nexus and S5 is S5 volume button doesn't invoke interruptions menu and interruptions on Nexus has a timed option.  Otherwise, so far very happy with Lollipo update.  S5 much quicker than Nexus 7 2012.  No deleting anything (cache etc), just OTA for Nexus and Kies upgrade for S5.  With KitKat, I turned sound off at night so not interrupted during sleep, until alarm in morning (even charge full beep silenced) With Lollipop, I need to select priority, and mute notifications volume to achieve same, so slight inconvenience now, but extra speed and battery life outweigh the negative.  Battery fully chrged at 6.30am today, normal use throughout day, plus 2.5 hours vga video recording this afternoon with 15% battery left at 6.00pm.  I'm pleased with that.  Thanks Google/O2 🙂  PS TuGo initially played up after update, so deleted and reinstalled and now works fine.

S8+, Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Chromebook.
Message 64 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting for the OTA lollipop update from 02 on my s5 when's it happening? ?

Message 65 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just installed via Kies (Mac) no problems so far.  Things to keep in mind:

- battery fully charged or over 50% charged

- 3 GB available space in device

Still v 5.0 maybe OTA will be latest updates.

Message 66 of 218

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @swebby , thanks for your update! Good to hear that TU Go worked after a reinstall. Has the app been working ok since then?

@Anonymous , some great tips there, don't hesitate to post anymore that you have 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 67 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help please. All i get is that i am up to date and nothing on kies either.
Message 68 of 218

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Until the update us released for your  particular csc unfortunately no one here can help. It's simply a matter of patience.

Message 69 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Patience level: child in toy shop.
Message 70 of 218