Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for S5, now live!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Lollipop, lollipop, where for art thou lollipop?

I am here, says Lollipop while standing atop a shiny Samsung Galaxy S5!

Okay enough of the ye olde talk – Lollipop means business. If you thought Jellybean was buttery smooth, then you’ve not seen what Lollipop can do. This is a major platform update and isn’t just a collection of minor bug fixes or anything like that… This is a full blown update – new eye candy, new & fresh menus, new features – all while keeping the system running smooth & fluid while keeping your battery life in check too. You can find out here what Lollipop can do > http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

The update is now live via KIES and should be live via OTA update towards the end of the week, so go grab it now and let us know your thoughts on the new update

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phones never been repaired and I've never tried to load any other firmware. I guess I may have to go into an O2 store or call the helpline
Message 51 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Let us know what they say please....
The OTA update should be due anytime now so maybe you'll get that - It might just be Kies doing it's usual crap job !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 52 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue... Kies didn't offer an update. My CSC is G800F02U1ANJ1 (it's an S5 Mini, bought this year, no repairs or firmware changes.... it did update the other week (late-December time) but it was another update to 4.4.2)

Message 53 of 218

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm wondering if O2 have pulled the update due to the reported problems?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

They should!!!

Went through the factory reset to see if that improved things

Backed everything up through Kies3

Factory restored

Re-installed everything that still was valid

Restored required app data files from back up

Result - Still battery loss, still no priority mode, still a bit laggy, but more space on the internal drive

Message 55 of 218

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I really am surprised they released 5.0 when 5.01 or 5.02 would have been so much better......

Currently using:
Message 56 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Factory reset my s5 and still the same, hopefully O2 have picked up on this.
Message 57 of 218

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We can but hope.......

Currently using:
Message 58 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking

lollipop for samsung galaxy alpha due when WhistleDance

Message 59 of 218

Robsa
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Robsa wrote:
Yes, you can go back to KitKat without affecting knox or invalidating warranty.
Sorry, but no, you can't.

Any roll back of firmware level will trip the Knox fuse.

If you get 0x1 your warranty is voided.

Hi MI5 you totally can because I've done it. As long as you are flashing standard Samsung firmware you won't trip Knox.
Download an official ROM and flash via Odin. No trip, no void warranty, no problem. I've flashed various standard ROMs on my S5 and Knox is still 0x0.
Message 60 of 218