cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for HTC One 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Any word on delivery of the Lollipop update for the HTC One M8.

I see that HTC have issued OTA for their unlocked M8s tonight.

Cheers

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks alot Chris

May I just add that O2 have been simply stunning when it comes to releasing updates for there branded phones..

Keep up the great work!

Message 11 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for keeping us all updated.
Message 12 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone having problems with the new install; like Google Chrome retuning "ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED" and some apps e.g. Amazon, Barclays not working?

Message 13 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're lucky your phone even turns on! I just did the update to Lollipop and have had to take it straight to the O2 shop for repair, as it is now stuck in a reboot loop. I applaud O2 on how quickly they get these updates out to their customers, but something seriously went wrong this time! 

Message 14 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know about being lucky. At least when you take your phone back to O2 as not being fit for use there can't be any issues. Can you imagine the fuss I'll have - £600 phone and I can make calls.

Oh and by the way even O2's own app doesn't work!

Looks like O2's testing process will be up for scrutiny    

Message 15 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Guaranteed to give customers the best possible experience wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know about being lucky. At least when you take your phone back to O2 as not being fit for use there can't be any issues. Can you imagine the fuss I'll have - £600 phone and I can make calls.

Oh and by the way even O2's own app doesn't work!

Good point!!

Message 17 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine updated fine, however the Smart Lock feature from lollipop is missing and I know HTC included it in their update. So why did o2 remove it??? This is one of the reasons I bought the One m8 and also why I specifically asked the o2 sales guy "This uses the htc releases doesnt it, not o2 ones, to which he told me yeah!" I wear a pebble and was wanting this so I dont have ti use another app or anything (which I cant now as the way the apps got around it has been disabled on lollipop). WELL DONE o2......NOT!

Message 18 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone has a similar issue this may help. I switched my default G band to N band which allowed internet connection. I have now changed the G band connection settings (to remove the default proxy setting) and can now access the internet via G band. Question remains why was this not a smooth transition after all its only an update to an existing OS?

Incidentally the iPad updated a few hours back to 8.1.3 without a hitch.

Barclays Bank app still doesn’t connect but I guess that’s an issue for Barcalys.

Message 19 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine updated fine, however the Smart Lock feature from lollipop is missing and I know HTC included it in their update. So why did o2 remove it??? This is one of the reasons I bought the One m8 and also why I specifically asked the o2 sales guy "This uses the htc releases doesnt it, not o2 ones, to which he told me yeah!" I wear a pebble and was wanting this so I dont have ti use another app or anything (which I cant now as the way the apps got around it has been disabled on lollipop). WELL DONE o2......NOT!

As an update for anyone finding this thread via a search engine, the option to use the Smart Lock feature must first be enabled in the security menu under trusted sources.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 46