Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop coming to LG G3 Soon!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Calling all LG G3 owners... Fancy a little lollipop treat? Well don't worry, there's some tasty lollipops heading your way in the coming week or two, but quite possible within just a few days!

We have approved the update today and sent it back to LG. Typically the rest of the process can take 1-2 weeks to release to customers but LG want this to reach you guys quickly, so eyes peeled and let us know your thoughts once you've updated.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on this yet Chris?

Message 21 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news on this yet. Still waiting for the lollipop update for my LG G3 O2

Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the 5.0 update sometime in December (i'd guess roughly around the 20th) and by the 26th the phone had bricked (full signal indicated, but all calls made to phone diverted to voicemail, told the phone to restart but it bricked and would not switch on or charge)

It was quickly replaced on warranty, and so far the 5.0 update hasn't appeared available to my replacement G3.   That said with the above experience I will be holding off for a few weeks when it does appear as thats the second time i've been burned by Android updates!!

Message 23 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris K, any update?  2 weeks have almost passed, so presumably it's coming soon?  I'm keen to see if this update will fix some of the performance issues and also the interference I'm hearing when using certain headphones.

Message 24 of 27

BigJohnD
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My OTA update to Lollopop 5.0 on my O2 LG G3 was on 7th Jan 15.  So it's out there…

Seems fine except for not remembering wi-fi passwords if 9 or more characters long.  I need to investigate this further.

LG G6 and Pixel 4
Message 25 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my Lollipop update notification, downloaded and installing as I type - so far so good slight_smile

update - seems OK, a few things to note - face unlock seems to have gone and my choices of quick settings on the notification panel has been reset....

Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

update #2 - face unlock is there although in a different guise - smart unlock now allows trusted face and trusted locations - all good!

Message 27 of 27