Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop coming to LG G3 Soon!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Calling all LG G3 owners... Fancy a little lollipop treat? Well don't worry, there's some tasty lollipops heading your way in the coming week or two, but quite possible within just a few days!

We have approved the update today and sent it back to LG. Typically the rest of the process can take 1-2 weeks to release to customers but LG want this to reach you guys quickly, so eyes peeled and let us know your thoughts once you've updated.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's an "alarm set" reminder......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
That's an "alarm set" reminder......

I guessed it was...but it  looks similar...(to me) Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so i updated to 5.0 on my g3, but i seem to have lost the option to add widgets to the lockscreen....should this have happened o2....?
Message 13 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

It def isn't a 'feature' of Lollipop @Anonymous ! Whether O2 have made an os faux pas though, is another matter.

Anyone else with a G3 with O2's update that could confirm?

Message 14 of 27

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I have android l on my nexus 7 2012 and the ui has had several tweaks. You should now get notifications and be able to select what apps get shown or ignored on the lock screen.

I don't really use widgets on that.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 15 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else still waiting for the update ive checked everyday for the past 2 weeks but nothing
Message 16 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your phone is locked to o2 the update will need to go through o2 testing before it is rolled out.

If it is sim free lg will be releasing this over a few weeks. @Chris_K is the best person to update you.
Message 17 of 27

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Yay for root.....cough.....sim free lg. Actually mine is sim free and not rooted as the "experts" at anovo advised me. Anyway no updates available as yet.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 18 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:
Yay for root.....cough.....sim free lg. Actually mine is sim free and not rooted as the "experts" at anovo advised me. Anyway no updates available as yet.

'Experts at Anova' @anticpated  ?  Methinks I detect a little sarcasm there...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 27

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi All,

I'm sorry I've not been able to provide an update before now, but I've only just found out today what the story is with this update. We had approved the Lollipop build on 11th Dec as per my original post, and we typically expect updates to go live within a week or two - sometimes sooner. The update did indeed go live but it was quickly stopped due to a last minute issue that needed fixed.

Google quickly released the necessary Android fix and today we have approved the open market version with the new fix. We are now expecting to receive the O2 version within the next week or two and will look to test & approve this as quickly as we're able to.

I'll keep you updated but long story short, LG G3 owners should expect to see the new update within the next few weeks. Sorry for the confusion and delay this issue has caused.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 20 of 27