cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop Smart Lock missing from HTC One m8 update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear o2, 

Why have you removed the Smart Lock option on your lollipop update for the HTC One m8??? HTC included it in their release and yet in your update its been removed. I was really looking forward to this feature as I wear a pebble smart watch and would find it handy so I dont have to enter a pin all the time. The lollipop update from google has disabled the way the lock apps work so I cant even use a 3rd party app to get around this issue. COME ON o2 sort this out! This in my eyes is a backwards step.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Are you sure it has been removed?
You need to enable the option in Trusted sources in security menu for it to work?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear o2, 

Why have you removed the Smart Lock option on your lollipop update for the HTC One m8??? HTC included it in their release and yet in your update its been removed. I was really looking forward to this feature as I wear a pebble smart watch and would find it handy so I dont have to enter a pin all the time. The lollipop update from google has disabled the way the lock apps work so I cant even use a 3rd party app to get around this issue. COME ON o2 sort this out! This in my eyes is a backwards step.

Hi @Anonymous 

The only person who will be able to answer this for you is @Chris_K  from social media. He is the one who informs us of the updates and all issues relating to them (he also provides feedback to those who provided the update)

I have mentioned him in this response so hopefully he will come on in the morning and give information if he has any.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark2277

Unfortunately O2 can and will test out certain firmware releases before general release to ensure certain parts of a release does not clash with their Network and the user gets the best experience possible.

Let's hope Chris can provide some information for you.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, hopefully Chris will be able to let us know whats happened, if it has been removed are o2 working on an app to replace this?

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys, hopefully Chris will be able to let us know whats happened, if it has been removed are o2 working on an app to replace this?

Again Mark...only @Chris_K  will have the answer...if any, to this wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They won't develop  a separate app but. If it conflicts with ow software they may well have suggested or be interacting with the manufacturer.

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Are you sure it has been removed?
You need to enable the option in Trusted sources in security menu for it to work?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops.....Smiley Embarassed , i've done that and its now available Hero

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Oops.....Smiley Embarassed , i've done that and its now available Hero

Ah well....that is good news. We needn't call Chris to come and check Thanks @MI5 wink (You may need to work the late late shift on here...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's a common "miss".
It really should be enabled by default !

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10