cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Nexus problems after Lollipop update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I have been having some (very frustrating!!) problems with my LG Nexus 5 after downloading the Lollipop (Android 5) update a few days ago.

First after the update my screen had two pink bands going down the sides of the screen and some dark patches at the top. These seemed to fade after a day or two and after contacting LG about it they suggested a factory reset which seemed to completly solve the problem.

I was also having a problem with the vibrate function after the update. I had my phone set so that it would vibrate whenever a text message would come through to alert me. This didn't work - everything had been set up correctly but it didn't work. When I done the factory reset it worked again... for a few hours and then suddenly stopped again!

Another problem I have after the factroy reset was the screen would randonly freeze on wake up. I could see the notifications bar at the top and was able to access it (though pressing anything didn't do anything) and could see the three keys at the bottom of the screen (again, pressing them done nothing). The rest of the screen was black.

Does anyone know how to properly fix these problems? My phone is still under warranty but would like to avoid having to send it away to be fixed if possible!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm an early adopter of iOS updates so accept things can be buggy.

Let's hope they and others (Apple) move as fast as possible to patch them.
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Android Lollipop update causes problemshttp://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30116319
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Yes we are aware of it. That link has been posted previously in another thread, but thanks anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a Nexus 5, and Lollipop and haven't had any issues (yet). As I think @MI5 (or someone else) has suggested, trying using default apps like Hangouts, instead of some 3rd party apps that may not be compatible with lollipop yet. 

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try safe mode for a few days and see if the problems persist.

This will disable all third party apps while in safe mode so it'll be system apps only (Appreciate it'll be no fun for a few days but it should confirm what @MI5 has said)
Ensure your device's screen is on, then press & hold the Power button.

Touch & hold the Power off option in the dialog box.

Touch OK in the following dialog to start safe mode.
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

good suggestion @Anonymous

Message 17 of 17