cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 #TRYLGG4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here, but I'm shortly to be receiving an LG G4 as part of LG's preview programme and am looking to do a first impressions piece, followed by a review after a couple of weeks (similar in a way to how Try the Tech works I suppose).

What I need/would like from you lot is any ideas as to what you'd like to see in either piece, and any particular areas of the phone you'd be interested in??

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You well, specs we can look up. Of particular interest to me would be camera, speed of loading apps, connectivity, set up and user experience

Message 2 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I really like any review that is accompanied by pictures. It helps me to visualise what's being written. Always adds to any review in my opinion slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 20

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Firstly, when making comparisons to other cameras please don't compare it to a DSLR. Digital it is, SLR it isn't; although the image quality from what I've seen so far is pretty credible although with lossy JPEG compression it defeats the purpose. If someone used a camera that processed the images as RAW then it would mean you can retain as much quality until you get to the file export stage. You need an application like Adobe Photoshop Pro capable of reading the format though or even that one called GIMP which is surprisingly flexible freeware. There is some camera software available to take advantage of RAW processing on Android.

The sound quality and headphone amplification on the telephone would be of interest to me as I like to use some hi-fi qualiy (mid-fi if I was to be honest) through my handset. So it would be good to know what the headphone output was like with earphones like Grado GR10, RHA T20, Sennheiser Momentum and Shure SE425/535/846. 

Thirdly a comparison to the nearest Android model would be a suitable comparison. Not an iPhone, this is like chalk and cheese to me and not null reference as Apple is pretty much propriety and it's unfair to compare such things. It's like comparing a Bugati to a Citreon.

Lastly will HD movies be a bit more watchable on this (om my LG G2) with the extended resolution. I watched the Hobbit on this and whilst it was watchable, it was not an option I would do out of choice.

I realise that's all multimedia stuff however it would be good if you could mention something about all of that.

Cheers.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 20

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Battery life is always useful to know.

Message 6 of 20

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Sorry my post suggestions were a bit long-winded.

Message 7 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

Sorry my post suggestions were a bit long-winded.

I found it very interesting @anticpated wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 20

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 9 of 20

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Thanks for comments although it's a little over the top. The average person isn't so concerned about Fidelity like this, so my suggestions were things I would like to see. Many sponsored reviews only focus on the positives and make sly attempts to avoid the bad points as much as possible.

The next review I see with "DSLR-like photo quality" in there, I'll swear I'll scream. 

One thing I will say about Apple devices is that their consistency in hardware and one-OS approach, it means developers don't have to speculate so much when it comes to software and hardware design.

I just wish they would stop making cheaper Android telephones with the latest OS, because one badly executed model makes the rest seem inferior when closed-minded people make their judgement. Xiaomi and Huawei are making waves in cheap handsets and reasonable quality. 

Maybe when Ubuntu gets a go ahead, the competition will be better.

But anyway....

I can't wait until the LG G4 review.

Message 10 of 20