cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had my G3 for a year and I've tried hard to persever with it but i can't deal with these issues any more.

1) amazingly poor battery life
2) very poor signal even in my house, everyone else in our house gets signal but i can't !
3) even with just standard use it overheats.

It's updated and I have reset it a few times but these issues still happen, i keep my screen at 50% and keep location services off to save on battery.

I was wondering if these are common issues or if its just mine that has these issues. Im considering paying off my contract and getting another phone elsewhere.

Cheers
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Why suffer?
You have a 2 year warranty so contact LG for a repair.
http://www.lg.com/uk/support/mobile-support
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Why suffer?
You have a 2 year warranty so contact LG for a repair.
http://www.lg.com/uk/support/mobile-support
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
PS. We advise against using O2 repairs as they are known for falsely claiming user or water damage and refusing to complete repairs under warranty.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 16

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Sounds like something is running all the time to cause battery drain and overheating. It's certainly not normal. Try deleting all the apps you don't use. As for the signal do as @MI5 suggests and get the phone checked out. Also get a new sim card for good measure.

Message 4 of 16

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Yep definitely call LG for a service repair. I'm thinking about the LG G4 as my next handset although the S6 Edge has got my attention. 

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 16

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
If the above suggestions don't work try a factory reset but back up any pictures etc first. Could also be the battery is getting weak, could be due replacing. I've a G3,battery life isn't brilliant but the screen is a huge drain due to its size and resolution. Try auto brightness or setting the brightness even lower to see if that helps.

Poor Signal may be a fault though, I find my G3 holds a good signal especially wifi. Send it to LG if the reset doesn't help.
Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

The OP has already done a reset, if you read the first post:

It's updated and I have reset it a few times but these issues still happen, i keep my screen at 50% and keep location services off to save on battery.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sorry, I must have missed that. I was rather tired last night!
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

My G3 has recently been returned after a sim reader error repair from lg. today it's started to run a restart message as its saying the sim is invalid. What is the issue as o2 issued me with a new sim and it's been repaired.

is there an issue from o2 end or is it the phone?

please help as it now getting on my nerve restarting every 10 mins with the same message.

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Does it still do it with no sim in the phone?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16