cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 - SD card will no longer mounts after phone restart

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had an LG G3 for about 3 days and yesterday added a 64gb Samsung MicroSD card to it.  I copied over apps, photos and music to it in order to free up the internal storage space.  All seemed to work fine until I switched off the phone and then switched it back on.  Now, the SD card is no longer mounted and will not mount even if I manually press the "mount SD card" in settings, take it out and reinsert the card and then mount again.  The only way I could get the card to mount was by pressing the "Erase SD card" which obviously deletes it's contents.  It then mounted ok so I added some more files to it and then switched the phone off and on again and the problem repeats.  I only have one micro sd card so can not test whether this is a fault with the phone or the SD card.

Any ideas or anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a dodgy card, I've had problems with cheap ones in the past and ended up binning them.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sounds like either a corruption in the format of the card, or the card is one of the many fakes out there.
Where did you get it and how much was it should provide an insight into if it was fake.
I would suggest testing the card using H2testW on a pc to make sure the card is the advertised capacity.
If it passes the test then either the card is faulty or the phones sd card storage hardware/software is corrupt.
To check the latter, get hold of any other sd card and try and replicate the situation that is causing the fault.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I managed to get hold of a sandisk 16gb card and do not experience the problem with that card. Suspect that the card I bought originally is a fake as was quite cheap on ebay and the packaging it came in was a bit below the quality I would have expected.
Message 3 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Check the new cheap sd card using this app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.anotherflexdev.sdcardtester.SDCardTester

If you have access to a pc H2testW is brilliant at spotting fake cards.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'm with viridis. Once the capacity of the fakes is reached they just fall over but unfortunately you don't know about it until it's too late....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a dodgy card, I've had problems with cheap ones in the past and ended up binning them.
Message 7 of 8

xenophone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a 64GB card, and the same happened to myself. I changed it to a 16GB card and all is fine now.The two cards were the same make, but my LG G3 didnt like the 64GB card.

Message 8 of 8