Did you mean: 

LG G3 Marshmallow update

Twiglets100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone,

Is there any news on when O2 are going to release the Marshmallow update for the G3 (d855 international) as it's already been released for the phone model and approved and released by Three and Vodafone.

Thanks slight_smile
Message 1 of 40
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Twiglets100 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there any news on when O2 are going to release the Marshmallow update for the G3 (d855 international) as it's already been released for the phone model and approved and released by Three and Vodafone.

Thanks slight_smile

Unless you've seen this release info verified by Three or Vodafone, I'd take it with a pinch of salt. The Marshmallow G3 update seeded out in Poland yesterday and unofficially, Poland appears to be the test bed country / market for where LG first release new updates.

That said, I've no info to share from an O2 perspective - if it was released to unbranded devices yesterday in Poland though, hopefully you'll see some info from us sometime soon in the new year. I'll let everyone know when more details are known.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Twiglets100 The only person who will know this for sure is @Chris_K. I have mentioned him in the thread. He will update us when he can..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 40

Twiglets100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Cleoriff slight_smile
Message 3 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Twiglets100 wrote:
Thanks Cleoriff slight_smile

No problem ..Pop back after the weekend ...you may have an answer. Welcome to the forum by the way @Twiglets100 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 40

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Here is an article for you to read. You can find many more if you Google the subject.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/134946-when-is-android-6-0-marshmallow-coming-to-my-phone

Be aware that the release dates are for unlocked, unbranded phones. Phones locked and branded to a network will see the update later, as each network will have to test the update to make sure it's compatible.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 40

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Twiglets100 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks slight_smile

Unless you've seen this release info verified by Three or Vodafone, I'd take it with a pinch of salt. The Marshmallow G3 update seeded out in Poland yesterday and unofficially, Poland appears to be the test bed country / market for where LG first release new updates.

That said, I've no info to share from an O2 perspective - if it was released to unbranded devices yesterday in Poland though, hopefully you'll see some info from us sometime soon in the new year. I'll let everyone know when more details are known.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 40

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Everyone appears to release to Poland first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Everyone appears to release to Poland first.

Any idea why Rich?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 40

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Low numbers so they can test it with minimal impact if something goes wrong.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 40

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 10 of 40