cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 Camera Shutter Sound

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When I first recieved my G3 I tested the camera when the phone was in Vibrate mode and the shutter didn't make a noise. But since I inserted my o2 sim, I can't seem to work out how to disable the noise of the camera.

I have tried switching the phone to Silent, Vibrate and tried turning on the Quiet Mode. I can't see an option under Camera Settings - I have also factory reset the phone but still no luck.

Has anybody else experienced this? Any ideas? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a link that might help. It's suggesting to download Xposed

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2790855
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently it's the law in some countries that camera phones must make a noise, so that people know if a photo has been taken of them. I don't beleieve the uk is one of these though. Some other sites suggest the only way round this is to root the phone, if the option isn't in the settings for the camera.

If i turn my Nexus to 'priority notifications only' the shutter sound is disabled...

Message 3 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently it's the law in some countries that camera phones must make a noise, so that people know if a photo has been taken of them. I don't beleieve the uk is one of these though. 

I did not know this @Anonymous , you learn something new every day wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby @Anonymous that's a good idea in these times maybe it should become law in the UK
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I think its called Predator Alert. Already law in Japan and South Korea and the US were looking at it some years ago

http://www.techfragments.com/261/new-law-will-require-camera-phones-to-click/

Edit: Some people weren't very happy about the plan to make it law...(article published 2009)

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20090126/1947313539.shtml

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the responses.

I would prefer to not have to root my phone if possible, but I will take a look at the forum. 

I have seen all the articles regarding Japan etc but I was under the impression that devices here in the UK were not affected?

I also haven't recieved the Lollipop update yet so I might just wait to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome @Anonymous do come back & let us know what you decided on & how you get on please
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently it's the law in some countries that camera phones must make a noise, so that people know if a photo has been taken of them. I don't beleieve the uk is one of these though. 

I did not know this @Anonymous , you learn something new every day wink

Shocked I didn't know this either...

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions