cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit-Kat for Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please could you tell me when Kit-Kat will be available for my Note 2 over Kies or OTA?

Thanks,

Glenn

Message 1 of 124
123 REPLIES 123

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe o2 is going to shock us all and move us onto Lollipop 5.0 lol lol
Message 82 of 124

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you seen any mention of the Note 2 getting it at all?
By Samsung, I mean?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 83 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've seen a document (leaked) samsung and Lollipop 5.0
and the Note 2 had ? next to it. That is all as I've not seen anything from this source before so for now I'm ignoring it as a wind up lol.
Message 84 of 124

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'd be surprised if they go that far back tbh - 2 years is the norm for Samsung.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 85 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is 1 of reasons I said I was ignoring it and also never seen/heard anything about this leaker before.
Even if it was correct that the Note 2 was getting Lollipop 5.0 it makes no difference to us as o2 can't update us to KitKat.
Message 86 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

cant update or simply cant be bothered to? All their main rivals did this yonks ago and samsung insist that all the networks got it at the same time so when is it going to finally happen or isnt it?

Message 87 of 124

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

O2 don't see older phones as priority to update. Completely wrong, there are plenty of customers waiting for this and priority should be to look after ALL customers.

Message 88 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes as I have said before I have 4 contract phones with 02 about 150 a month, not massive income I accept, but as they roll out of contract I am going to for the first time in many years start looking elsewhere, its a re run of the 4.3 roll out. Try a search re this and you will find the promise to do better comments.

It is not primarily the fact they are slow, its the failure to engage and update and try and say Samsung had no plans to when a quick check on the web showed they had then really nothing.

The explosion in high end phone buyers, which I would consider the Note series to be, is slowing down when you can get a Moto G for about 130 from tesco sim free the premium for a top end phone starts to look poor value for money if you dont get premium service.

If it was stated that once you had run out of contract any upgrades would be at o2 s whim then fine, or you were told well once you have the phone you are stuck with the software at least you would be aware that only phone upgrades were important to O2 then you could make an informed choice.

Now you are buying the phone seperate to the service why not simply have a generic phone that would be serviced by the manufacturer?

Message 89 of 124

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Now you are buying the phone seperate to the service why not simply have a generic phone that would be serviced by the manufacturer?

Exactly what I and many others on here do.....

Currently using:
Message 90 of 124