cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit-Kat for Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please could you tell me when Kit-Kat will be available for my Note 2 over Kies or OTA?

Thanks,

Glenn

Message 1 of 124
123 REPLIES 123

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Should put some minds to rest.... Thanks Chris.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 62 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris,

Thank you for your reply:--  

"That said, I've had a deeper look into the Note 2 KitKat update and can now confirm that yes, the update exists and we hope to receive this for testing soon - no timescales for this but we hope within the coming week or two"

Yes we know the update exists and have done since Samsung released it for the Note 2 in June, so am a bit confused to hear you say it's hoped to be put into testing soon. In fact that makes no sense to me.

Again I'm confused by this :---

" it's unclear why the update was already released to a select few other networks but it's something we're looking into."

The kk 4.4.2 sdk for note2  were sent to all uk carriers at the same time, so Samsung has informed peeps that have asked on thier forum. Again from your post it seems to me that it will be another several weeks before this is pushed out to customers and yet your competitors had it in June and pushed it out in around 3 weeks to their customers.

This is not the first time this has happened I think if you look back the exact same reasons were given for the JB 4.3 update on the same phone, I was also told the same that it was being looked into why other carriers had it before o2, never had a reply back on that either.

Message 63 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone is unlocked and I am with another provider but do I have to wait for the O2 updates as it seems I cannot get anythig from that provider. Today I updated her phone which is very similar with mine and it worked but on mine is still not getting any updates.

Message 64 of 124

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What is your CSC?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 65 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I see my CSC? I am in UK.
Message 66 of 124

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
My CSC is: N7100O2UEMK1
Message 68 of 124

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That is the latest O2 branded firmware available.
We've not had any updates from O2 regarding timing for any updates other than that it is in testing, so expect it anytime I guess......

Currently using:
Message 69 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

So do I have to wait for the update to come out ?

Message 70 of 124