Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kies changed to Samsung smart

durhamdad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi just went to back up my note 3 on kies and it told me it's changed to Samsung smart so I changed it and doing back up seems quicker
live each day as if its your last because one day it will be
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@durhamdad wrote:
Hi just went to back up my note 3 on kies and it told me it's changed to Samsung smart so I changed it and doing back up seems quicker

I think it's called Samsung Smart Switch now @durhamdad This is what is said about it

"Samsung Kies has till now enjoyed the status of being the only software for the company for transferring the data from an old Samsung device to a new one. But with changing times and new line-up of smartphones such as the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge, Kies will no longer be useful in data transfer. It has been replaced by a new software named Samsung Smart Switch."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.easyMover&hl=en_GB

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@durhamdad wrote:

I think it's called Samsung Smart Switch now @durhamdad This is what is said about it

"Samsung Kies has till now enjoyed the status of being the only software for the company for transferring the data from an old Samsung device to a new one. But with changing times and new line-up of smartphones such as the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge, Kies will no longer be useful in data transfer. It has been replaced by a new software named Samsung Smart Switch."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.easyMover&hl=en_GB

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Same thing - New name.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Same thing - New name.

Well I was awaiting your reply.....but as you didn't... I went and looked Hero

Mind you in some articles it says initially it was for S6 and S6 edge as Kies wouldn't be compatible... so is it replacing Kies on all models ??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

durhamdad
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not sure I now have the old kies and the new smart on my laptop edging my bets lol
live each day as if its your last because one day it will be
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
Same thing - New name.

Well I was awaiting your reply.....but as you didn't... I went and looked Hero

Mind you in some articles it says initially it was for S6 and S6 edge as Kies wouldn't be compatible... so is it replacing Kies on all models ??

It prompts you to change to smartswitch whenever you open Kies, so it looks like it's for all models, but when you accept the change, nothing changes visually !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It is for all samsung models now. I find though that many things won't back up now....?

Message 7 of 7