Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel panic, followed by regular crashes

Lelouche
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yesterday my Galaxy Note4 (Android v6.0.1) showed a 'kernel panic' error screen followed by the 'downloading do not turn off target' screen which I left for a considerable amount of time before deciding it had frozen. Rebooting was a hit and miss affair with the phone behaving as if bricked unless the battery and/or SIM was taken out to boot. Once it had booted it invariably crashed again with any normal use.

I have since managed to do a partition wipe and a factory reset but the phone is still slow and often crashes to the 'downloading do not turn off target' screen needing removal of battery etc. to get it running again.

Is this fixable? Gut feeling is a memory problem/damage?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Lelouche Your first port of call should be to contact Samsung support. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ They are more likely to understand your issue than anyone else.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Lelouche Your first port of call should be to contact Samsung support. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ They are more likely to understand your issue than anyone else.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Whilst it is still under the two year warranty I would get it checked out by Samsung (not O2). I had a similar problem with mine but Samsung here replaced the battery and it's been fine ever since. I'm running Marshmallow 6.0.1 for the last month and there was another major update yesterday so maybe it's trying to download that. It's 300MB+.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like a hardware fault of some sort esp if a factory reset doesn't fix it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4