cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KITKAT for Samsung S4 Mini?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The last post I can find on availability of KITKAT for the S4 mini was back in March. There are signs that it is being rolled out elsewhere. Anybody know when it is going to be available? I am keen to upgrade as my partner and I have both being using Kies but now he has upgraded to an S4 with KITKAT we can no longer both use it as KITKAT needs a different version...and one can't (unless someone can tell me otherwise) have two versions of Kies on the same computer. 

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

looks like ee just did

Message 21 of 49

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Three have but not seen anything for anyone else yet (officially anyway) ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
just checked and got prompted for a software update. 3 hours, so we'll see what it brings later on
Message 23 of 49

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I honestly doubt you will see much visual difference unless you are waiting for Smartwatch support......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the generc BTU as been released for the UK, but not the branded O2 version.  So an update is only possible for unlocked phones.

I'm not expecting a dramatic difference, but there are a few apps that only work for 4.4 and above.

Message 25 of 49

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Generic updates nearly always come first as the networks insist on playing around with them before approving the updates.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Except in this case EE, 3 and Vodafone have all isused the update already.

Don't worry I'm not getting obsesive about this, just curious to see how it plays out.

Message 27 of 49

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
O2-IE have too.....

Currently using:
Message 28 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Kitkat update to 4.2.2 came this morning to my S4 mini! 500M download. Whoopee!. Now to see if it works.....

Message 29 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for sharing the info 😄

And Welcome to the forum too.
Message 30 of 49