cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittant 'No Service' on Sony M2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my M2 for about a week and find that it often goes into 'No Service' when the screen is locked. When I reopen the screen 'No Service' can be seen and it then reconnects to O2 within a 30 seconds or so without any intervention. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Look at your http://status.o2.co.uk

And if you can try your SIM card in another phone as a process of elimination to test the SIM card and your phone.

Bear in mind if acquired from O2 you have a 14 day return window if it is the phone.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
That is a strange issue as it sounds like your radio receiver is shutting down when the phone sleeps...
What if any, power saving options have you got set or any power save apps installed at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think when I was playing with the Z Ultra, there was a power saving setting to turns things off like wifi/ data!
Have you tried calling it when it does this?
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It sounds like a songs issue or a rogue app to me. It won't be a mast problem. Have you downloaded anything that coincides with the problem you are having? 

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a mast issue whatsoever. As @MI5 said it looks like a battery saving issue. Perhaps turn any off that you may have on.

Also, as @jonsie said regarding apps. Has this been happening always or ave you installed any apps and this started happening? If so a rogue app may be responsible
Message 6 of 6