cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Htc one problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I've basically had my htc one phone for a few months now and it's giving me a lot of trouble. Firstly, one day I was giving someone a phone call and it randomly paused, the screen went black and the home screen button + < sign were still on ( the battery was 80% ). Then i had to wait for 30 minutes until it started working. Even now, I feel it seems to be delayed in its function, often when people call me the calls don't come through SOMETIMES. Also, it's a bit delayed when I'm typing my password in ( it will pause for like 3seconds before typing two letters in at once). It honestly feels like I've got a cheap 20pound phone. Worst of all, I can't open ANY PowerPoint documents or even some PDF docs. I've even tried to download office suite7 however, it still states 'download unsuccessful'. I honestly feel I've been ripped off from this contract by O2. Any advice?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You really need to do a factory reset and start again as something is messed up somewhere.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Have you installed any recent apps that have coincided with this problem?                                                    

Installed any battery saving apps?

Have you tried resetting the phone by rebooting?

Itsounds like you may need to clear the cache or if you have to do a factory reset make sure you have backed everything up as the phone will be wiped

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6526
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

Hopefully the hard reset etc will rectify the lag.

If not then seek further assistance from HTC UK support.

We suggest going to them first instead of o2 repairs because they fully understand their own hardware and software.

Hope the handset restores back to how it should operate.

Take care.

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have not installed any power saving apps or any others recently really. However, can you please advise me on how I can open power point apps? I've tried office suite 7 but it still does not work....

Many thanks for your reply
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I use Polaris viewer for all my office docs...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've tried downloading polaris office but it says I need a key code from my IT admin to activate it ?? Also,when I download any presentation it says *Download unsuccessful*.....

Your help is much appreciated.
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Are you connecting through a proxy or work server?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure. How do I check and which is supposed to be ?

Thanks
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Ideally you need to be using your own data or private wifi to download the app as it appears you have some sort of security policy active on the phone preventing you from installing.
Is it a business phone or your own?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, this is my own phone and i generally use my university WiFi however, I have tried using my own data internet. Regardless of this, none of the apps Stoll allow me to open the power points. Also, it does not download the power points at all. For example,if I was to try and not a power point link,it would say *downloading* but after 10 seconds, it says download unsuccessful.
Message 10 of 11