cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Htc desire 601. Lines on screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
My htc desire has developed lines on the screen in the last few days. Black blue they wave in and out and get worse or disappear the on a dark screen they go white and I get a fog ... Is this something that will go away or is it a software problem or something?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It doesn't sound as though it is something that is going to go away tbh. I think your best option would be to return it to the manufacturers under the warranty. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Is their a chance of any liquid ingress ion from rain etc ?

You could try a soft reset by turning it off , battery pull (handset dependant) and turn back on , also ensure your software is up to date and as a last resort perform a hard reset after making a back up first.

If no joy then seek assistance from the manufacturer via their uk online support page. http://www.htc.com/uk/support/
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It doesn't sound as though it is something that is going to go away tbh. I think your best option would be to return it to the manufacturers under the warranty. 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure about rain... It's possible... Have tried the resets and still problem ... If it has got wett is it repairable?
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most warranties from the manufacture don't cover liquid damage.

However check any household insurance or bank account as some current ones provide mobile phone cover which will carry an excess to pay.

If your sure however that liquid is not the cause then contact HTC. slight_smile

The issue with liquid is the possible issues down the line due to oxidation on the internals.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Send it in to O2 for repair - They'll soon tell you if it's liquid damaged or not wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7