cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How reset counter simlock code

Anonymous
Not applicable
SIM/Network Lock [ New ] Options on ‎26-11-2013 16:27 Hello, I am O2 pay Monthly costumer and I would like to use different SIM card in my phone. I am not from UK so when I am travelling to my country I would like to use my home SIM card. I have "network unlock code" provided by O2 but it does not work. After few online research I found that it does not work because my phone is "hardlocked" as they call it. Phone: Sony Xperia U or Sony Xperia ST25i When you press *#*#7378423#*#* and access the service menu > simlock I am seeing this menu: [X] Network 0 [ ] Network Subset 5 [ ] Service Provider 5 [ ] Corporate 5 SIM/Network Lock [ New ] Options on ‎26-11-2013 16:27 Hello, I am O2 pay Monthly costumer and I would like to use different SIM card in my phone. I am not from UK so when I am travelling to my country I would like to use my home SIM card. I have "network unlock code" provided by O2 but it does not work. After few online research I found that it does not work because my phone is "hardlocked" as they call it. Phone: Sony Xperia U or Sony Xperia ST25i When you press *#*#7378423#*#* and access the service menu > simlock I am seeing this menu: [X] Network 0 [ ] Network Subset 5 [ ] Service Provider 5 [ ] Corporate 5 Does anyone know how to reset the counter Network unlock code or if there is anything else I can do to fix that? My friend bought Xperia E1 in ASDA locked to O2. My friend put another sim card and entered phone lock code, and did not know that it must have a special code removing the lock operator's network :)) The phone is bought as Pay-as-you-go. How to solve this problem, he wants to use the phone on another network. Please do not post about buying another phone, this is not a solution :))
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@viridis  you obviously persevered and read it all...I gave up halfway down..LOL

It was a repeat anyway.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@viridis  you obviously persevered and read it all...I gave up halfway down..LOL

On here??  Or another forum you belong to??....

See how naive I am ......:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 21

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's a shame advice/research isn't sought before locking the phone out.:smileysad:

Message 13 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I meant the second half of the post was mostly just a repeat of the first half.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I meant the second half of the post was mostly just a repeat of the first half.

LOL Which shows that YOU also read it all the way through...and I did not wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry for my post, my website was frozen, when written text, of course its below my post Does anyone know how to reset the counter Network unlock code or if there is anything else I can do to fix that? My friend bought Xperia E1 in ASDA locked to O2. My friend put another sim card and entered phone lock code, and did not know that it must have a special code removing the lock operator's network :smileyhappy:) The phone is bought as Pay-as-you-go. How to solve this problem, he wants to use the phone on another network. Please do not post about buying another phone, this is not a solution slight_smile thanks for your the quick reply
Message 16 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Please see above for the answers.....

Currently using:
Message 17 of 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Your only solutions:
Put up with O2
Buy a new phone

Sorry but that's it.
Message 18 of 21

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maybe your best option is to sell the phone and put the money towards an unlocked or sim free phone. You don't necessarily have to buy new.

Message 19 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Please do not post about buying another phone, this is not a solution slight_smile thanks for your the quick reply

Unfortunately, it is your ONLY solution 😞

Currently using:
Message 20 of 21