cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I block incoming premium service text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way I can block unwanted incoming premium service text messages. I am being charged for incoming text messages which I have no control over.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ask because as I said earlier this choice of action resolved the issue - for me - and its a piece of advice I do offer if applicable ,and if the Op has exhausted other avenues of resolution.

I would assume as you say if the company can't text to the mobile number it cannot then charge the account.
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
And @Anonymous based on my knowledge on this subject I would say your advice is correct and should continue to be provided.
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous , what's the 5 digit code that is texting u?

Message 13 of 20

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

If the OP replied STOP to the text message, would they be charged?

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your comments.  Even texting STOP in response I was still charged for texts from 2 different numbers. so no this does not cancel the charge.   I was also charged £10 for just one text from a different number entirely and I had not texted them or requested a text in reply.  I have now found the means of blocking all messages from numbers which are not in my contacts list so hopefully this will have solved the problem.  

Message 16 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have now found the means of blocking all messages from numbers which are not in my contacts list so hopefully this will have solved the problem.  

No, sorry but this will not work.

You need to contact the company charging you and if they are UK based and working within the law, they will stop.

If not you need to contact phonepayplus as per the details already given to you.

Just because you aren't seeing the texts doesn't mean they will stop them sending or charging you for them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried the different suggestions such as PhonePayPlus avenue.

I hope you've found a solution too.
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm afraid @Anonymous that blocking the numbers will NOT stop the charges. If they send the chargeable text to your number, the charge is incurred at the point it is sent, not received.

I personally would not block them otherwise you might in a worst case scenario get a large monthly bill and you weren't aware so couldn't stop it.

With most of these services there is some form of subscription first. You might send a text or sign up to a service online. It is highly unlikely this would be random.
Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the very least you can reply with the word STOP in capitals. YES you will be charged for that text but it should stop most coming in thereafter and it would give you evidence of you went to phonepayplus later.
Message 20 of 20