cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrifically slow mobile data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having horrifc speeds on my mobile data latlely,sometimes as little as 0.01 mbps this is on both my o2 contracts (GS3 and BB Torch)

I have contacted o2 cs several times and they refuse to raise a job with network services to have them out to repair the problematic mast.

I am hitting my head against a brick wall o2 cs are letting me down and advsing me the usuall, "restart your phone","try a different handset" "get a new sim from my o2 store" these have not worked i have also reset my APN.

Im also having issues with my age verification i have to contact cs on a 2 weekly basis to have the form resubmitted so the ban can be lifted.

Can any one help me with this problem?.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You seem to have tried all you can, only O2 can really help here.

The age verification does seem to be a problem for some people unfortunately.

Are there any problems listed here:

http://status.o2.co.uk/

If you know anyone else with the same problem make sure they report it too.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You seem to have tried all you can, only O2 can really help here.

The age verification does seem to be a problem for some people unfortunately.

Are there any problems listed here:

http://status.o2.co.uk/

If you know anyone else with the same problem make sure they report it too.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I finally got some answers...... And ironically they came from Vodafone, o2 and vodafone are now sharing masts in my area so speeds on mobile data are going to be much slower due to the masts literally bulging because of to much traffic.

Nice to know that thanks for the update o2.
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Presumably mast sharing was going to help but it looks like it cuts both ways. The mast in question will now hopefully be upgraded.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I contacted o2 again as I tried a Vodafone sim in my handset and the speed results came back at 5mbps, I spoke to a manager who advised me it's my firmware version so I checked and I'm up to date, so after speaking to another cs advisor they have finally advised me that there is a mast down in the Christchurch area and that could be affecting my and everyone else data in the area.

I really wish I could have been told this sooner
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

If a mast is down, either Voda or O2, then all that traffic will start going to the other surrounding masts. This means the mast is congested and speeds decrease or service becomes intermittent.

O2 can't see the network status of Voda's masts so, not saying that this is the case, but potentially a Voda mast could be down so all of their traffic goes to the shared mast and both O2 and Voda customers are affected.

The mast sharing is a work in progress and when it is fully rolled out it will benefit both network's customers greatly.

You can continue checking the status of O2 masts at status.o2.co.uk - any issues are usually fixed by our network engineers pretty quickly. In the mean time, if you have a WiFi signal at home you can use the TuGo app to continue making/receiving calls and texts (although I know your initial problem is with the data connection).

Message 6 of 6