cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopeless O2 network!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know if anyone else is suffering like me, but my O2 phone coverage is non existant more often than not.

Iv'e spoken to them & been told all the usual stuff....sim card, re-boot, phone fault, uploads, e.t.c. e.t.c. .

I live in Warwickshire & traveled to Oxfrdshire yesterday & guess what??????? No coverage.

I have a new phone now, new sim & contract, but still more often than not, no phone signal.

I will persist with O2 , but i would not recommend them to anyone.

Oh, just one more thing.......i have done a post code check with O2  'live' & have been told that i should be able to send e-mails & have limited intrnet service & all i have is a red cross & no signal......bloody useless!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm in Warwickshire too Peter.... Where about exactly are you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like mast congestion.

Do others experience the same in your area.

You could download the MYNETWORK App to report the masts. Try to get others on O2 to do the same.

Hope things improve.
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you're in a fringe coverage area, have you tried turning 3G off to see if that helps?

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did you get the new phone from?

Have you checked the signal checker yourself by entering your postcode? http://status.o2.co.uk/

So you have a new phone, a new SIM card and everything is the same as it was with the old phone and old SIM? Definitley sounds like a network/signal problem so it might be worth reporting the issue once you have used the signal checker above.

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122378 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I also live in Warwickshire and no problem with mine... (Updated at 5pm)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha,that describes pretty much the whole Highland area barring the centres of places like Elgin,Nairn,Inverness,Huntly,Aberdeen etc where you recieve an H and H+ signal pretty constantly  but once you hit the 'suburbs' and start leaving the towns it's 3G all the way (which except for calls and texting is pretty isn't up to the job with more complex smartphones) and rurally you expect and pretty much know where all the signal deadspots are after a while.

Isn't great but it's the Highlands and we're kind of use to getting slower signal,broadband,crappier radio reception etc so it's a fact of life but in the last few months it's got pretty dire.I can expect to be without any signal for quite some time a couple of times a day.But whereas before the areas of good,bad and no signal have been constant for years now blackspots are everywhere and places I would expect to get a half decent 3G signal i'll find often as not no signal at all.

It's the variability though that makes it so frustrating just now yet there seems to be little explanation or even awareness it's happening.

So I don't know congested transmitters,lacklustre maintainance & service,solar interference or alien radio communications who can tell....global warming probably lol

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in kent and work in london..... O2 is pretty useless - commuting it's usually slow/intermittent/crashes in various combinations.  I can't even watch clips at home. It keeps breaking up.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

You may or may not be aware but o2's 4g engineers are actually in Kent currently. They are upgrading many masts to 4g along with improvements to 2g and 3g. I understand for example that Chatham went live in the last few days.

It's happening. ..... just takes time.
Message 9 of 9