cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Wifi problems Samsung Galaxy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

i need some advice about my wifi on my samsung galaxy s4. i have 4G but i cant use any wifi apart from my home and work (where i know the passwords) because it says 'your connection is unstable' and wont let me use wifi if im anywhere else. 

I get 500MB of data  but it really doesnt last that long. i dont use it that much but within a few days of it being reset its gone but then i cant use wifi if im out and about because the connecion is unstable. What can i do to change this? do i just have to get more data? honeslty i dont know if 500MB is considered a lot. can i change a setting in my phone to connect even if its unstable? 

Im going traveling for 3 months soon and want to use the internet a lot but i dont want to run up a massive bill so i want to be able to use public wifi.  

thanks for any advice 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous yep, seems to have worked, no longer getting the unstable message and can connect to other wifi. Apparently i just had my phone on the wrong setting

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have u tried unticking automatic / smart network switch? Also make sure Passpoint is set to on so it will connect to wifi that requires additional log in via Web e.c.t
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To be honest @Anonymous  500mb of data isn't a lot nowadays. You may wish to consider upgrading your tariff or adding a data bolt on?

You say you are going travelling for 3 months? Is this in the UK or abroad?

Either way you need to use Wifi as much as possible....Many places have free Wifi. When I am travelling I try to organise myself to do most data consuming jobs only when I am able to use Wifi...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the replies. Im going to europe. i think im going to change my tariff and try what the first reply said, im sure i must be doing something wrong as no one else i know with a samsung has this problem. 

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous please let me know if you get it sorted as I know 1-2 more fixes if not
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @Anonymous i'll let you know

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous any news on getting this sorted?
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous yep, seems to have worked, no longer getting the unstable message and can connect to other wifi. Apparently i just had my phone on the wrong setting

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous brilliant news glad you got it sorted slight_smile
Message 9 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to hear this was sorted @Anonymous slight_smile

Welcome!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 10