cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help using TU on holiday as no signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, i have arrived on holiday in wales and found i have no mobile signal (a blessing for some but not good for ma as i run a business via my phone!). We do have WIFI so i tried to download TU GO which i read will allow you to make and receive calls and text messages, however it requires that to register you have to receive a code via SMS which i obviously can't do unless i go for a very long drive (small tribe of kids tucked up in bed so not possible easily for the next few days). Is there another way to verify or is this the only way. Does anyone know any alternative ways to get calls/text via laptop WIFI? many thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
You will still need to receive your verification text via sms though - it's for your account security.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You can download it to your PC...by following this link http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

I do think you need to be able to receive a text though...Try the PC route and see what happens. If it doesnt work I think you will have to go for that drive where you can pick up a signal. You could, as a last resort ,use a landline to call CS..or even speak to live chat via this route.http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok i'll try that thanks!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
You will still need to receive your verification text via sms though - it's for your account security.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4