cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacking concern

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I wonder if someone could advise me? My partner has been accessing various things on my phone, including my 02 account, WhatsApp, Gmail to name a few.
I've changed my passwords usernames etc. I've contacted 02 who have been great and helped me to be more secure, however, he still accesses my phone! He's abroad on holiday at the moment, but has still accessed my whatsapp account. 😕
I feel the only option is to change my number? But wondering if this will work?? I have a feeling he must have a tracker or something on my phone??
I'm at a loss of what to do, so any help / advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
x 😊
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks for that info @vandelay It made very interesting reading. Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, thank you for your continued help and support with this.

I have changed my passwords for everything! I have them secure and extremely if not impossible to guess.

I have deleted my account on whatsapp and will now go to my drop box to see if there are any devices etc that shouldn't be there.

It's rediculous how this can happen, but very clever and helpful for someone who knows what they are doing! You would think that it would be illegal to do this, but I suppose if there are apps out there which enable people to do this, then i guess it's not illegal 😞

Thanks again, you're all so wonderful! I really appreciate your help and advice.

Catherine slight_smile

Message 22 of 30

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Well it's would have been very difficult in the first instance as sms are sent to confirm its you, but if he had access to the phone.... Once the access is in place, he wouldn't need to the phone to access online what's app etc.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 23 of 30

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A lot of social media apps now have web versions and even messaging, email and browser history can be accessed online. I'm more inclined to think the information is being accessed by that means than spy ware on the phone tbh.

Message 24 of 30

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, it does seem most likely in light of the additional info posted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I think it's a breach of trust actually. I don't know why anyone would feel the need to constantly be tracking their partners conversations/activities on social media. A sad state of affairs in my honest opinion slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 30

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I know you might not want to think of this, but i think you might be subject to psychological abuse...

"There are many signs of an abusive relationship. The most telling sign is fear of your partner. If you feel like you have to walk on eggshells around your partner—constantly watching what you say and do in order to avoid a blow-up—chances are your relationship is unhealthy and abusive. Other signs that you may be in an abusive relationship include a partner who belittles you or tries to control you, and feelings of self-loathing, helplessness, and desperation."

You might want to seek help from your local woman's aid if your partner is still around.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 28 of 30

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This is getting too heavy now for a problem that should be easily solved by changing passwords. We don't know if this is an ongoing relationship in fairness, but if it is then the OP really needs to seriously think if it's a healthy relationship. That's something only the OP can decide and shouldn't be discussed on a public community.

Message 29 of 30

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm locking this thread and removing a couple of posts as I think we can all agree it's long since served a useful purpose.
Message 30 of 30