cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked off

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got new phone 4 weeks ago s5 and today it went off and won't go on,been told I need to hand it in for repair,and pay £25 for loan of phone surely 4 weeks I should get straight replacement
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2's policy is within 14 days to replace, after that it's a repair, but we usually avoid O2 for repairs and go to Samsung directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2's policy is within 14 days to replace, after that it's a repair, but we usually avoid O2 for repairs and go to Samsung directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

As @MI5 says please avoid O2 repairers...They dont seem to have a very good reputation. A link here for Samsung http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ The site will give you a repair centre close to where you live.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The £25 is a deposit for the loan phone. You will be refunded this when you hand it back in.
Message 4 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Longest length I've had a replacement was 22 days for the Z2.
Headphone port stopped working, I rang and they wanted to repair, I "constantly insisted" at a replacement as I felt it was unreasonable to expect such failure within a month.
Just my own experience.
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try calling O2 and attempt to get the phone replacedbut if they insist on a repair then Samsung is your best option though you won't get a loan phone going down that route.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do have to send the handset away, make sure you take plenty of pictures of it before boxing it up.

Sometimes handset get broken during transit and you may need to prove the condition of the device before posting it.

Message 7 of 7