cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC debit/visa card top up unrecognised

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I have a HTC and when I try to top up via the 4444 number it won't recognise either of my debit or credit cards even though they work fine if using them online. Iherefore, I presume there is a problem with my phone set up. Anyone know how to set up an HTC phone to work with O2 correctly?

Cheers

Lucy

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

call customer services, could be a system issue, they will register your Debit card over the phone, plus i think you have to register the card first just for saftey and secruity. (im not sure I have not been on pay and blow for many years) but in my time of working for P4U and CPW normally you will need to register the card before you can do top ups babe slight_smile 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey Lucy 

it may not be your device it may just be the automated service as all devices will use the same platorm for auto top ups. have you registered your card to do top ups over the phone? 

jay slight_smile 

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jay,

It's not registered as it's the first top up, but when giving all the details for either card it won't work. 😕

cheers

Lucy

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

call customer services, could be a system issue, they will register your Debit card over the phone, plus i think you have to register the card first just for saftey and secruity. (im not sure I have not been on pay and blow for many years) but in my time of working for P4U and CPW normally you will need to register the card before you can do top ups babe slight_smile 

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It may just be worth checking that your house number and exact postcode is on your card billing address from the bank. Sometimes there have been problems in the past , especially with flat numbers or other instances whereby O2's database isn't up to date with Royal Mail's.

As suggested you could try calling them and registering the card.

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I was on PAYG for years (now on Contract) and can confirm the card needs to go through an initial lengthy registration process for set up.

I had three cards registered for three different phones.... and as long as I only used them for the numbers specified I was fine..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice guys. I just don't understand why O2 would ask someone without any credit to ring a number that requires credit in order to set up a registered card! I'll have to use another persons phone to do it..... seems weird!

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can register your card online in My O2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you use Uk debit and credit cards ?

You could speak to Cs on 4445 which is free for customers on pay as you go go go.
Message 9 of 9