cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One thumbnails in contact list

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I link my contacts to their Facebook, Twitter, what's app accounts etc the profile pictures are not visible to choose as their profile picture on my phone?

Why and can it be fixed?
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, all contacts are saved on Google.
Message 11 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
OK, that's good. So the easiest way to get a contact picture to show would be to assign one in Google. This would then sync and save to phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I know but I want the Facebook or whatsapp picture. It's an option, so it should work?
Message 13 of 24

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes it does work - Don't know why it doesn't on yours unless you haven't gone into the account settings to allow contact sync....? (in facebook, for example, you can enable or disable contact sync).
Mine seems to work fine so it must be something individual to your phone but without seeing it, it could be difficult to tell.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
95% of facebook contacts fine, just the odd few that dont. They will work fine then next day i lose the picture and it may come back again weeks later.

Non of the Whatsapp, Viber, etc show any profile pictures in the contact profile.

All app's are as they were downloaded, I never alter settings.
Message 15 of 24

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
To get whatsapp or viber contact pics you would have to tell the phone to use them as it's not set by default.
I can only assume the facebook variation is due to a glitch in the facebook app. You could try deleting it and re-installing to see if it helps.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I tell it? Never had to do that one previous phones. Twitter pictures are there for some contacts.

Tried the Facebook uninstall thing before, no different. Tried setting phone back to factory settings, tried deleting contact.
Message 17 of 24

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
In the twitter app you have an option to sync contacts. The phone will use the twitter contact picture unless you already have that contact in your address book (in which case the primary contact picture will be shown).
You should make sure you have all duplicated contacts linked together as this may be your problem.
Swipe the screen to the left in the People app and the phone should display a list of suggested contacts to link together....
Unlinked duplicates might just be your problem here.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, all linked. I wish I could post a screenshot.
Message 19 of 24

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm all out of ideas operating remotely....
It sounds as though everything is set up correctly but something is glitching....
I've googled it without much help either......

Currently using:
Message 20 of 24