26-04-2012 16:55 - edited 26-04-2012 16:56
After a lot of fiddling and a couple of phonecalls to both O2 and HTC, I've FINALLY managed to get mobile data working on my HTC One X.
I recently bought a white One X, which was given to a friend of mine as an upgrade (he's on Vodafone). The handset came unlocked, but had the Vodafone splash screens and a few bits of Vodafone bloatware on it (and also the Vodafone APN settings by default).
In order to be able to mobile data with my O2 sim in the handset, I had to manually enter the APN settings. This was all well and good until I came to select the profile I had created, when I noticed that it wouldn't let me!
I've since found out that the final step in the instructions which I was sent by O2 was actually incorrect.
O2 instruct you to type "Internet + MMS" into the "APN Type" box. This is not recognised, and is the reason why the profile cannot be selected once it has been created and saved.
Here's what I entered. I have been able to select the APN profile which I created, and my mobile data works just fine now. Follow these instructions step-by-step and you should be good to go. I hope it helps.
The instructions are the ones which O2 emailed through to me. I have simply changed the text in step 20.
Here you go:
Method 2: Entering an APN Manually
Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.
When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.
1. Tap the Applications key
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Mobile network
4. Tap Access Point Names
5. Tap the 3 dots on the Top Right of the sceen
6. Tap New APN
7. Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly then tap OK
8. Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
9. Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 18.104.22.168 then tap OK
10. Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
11. Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
12. Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
13. Skip past Server as this is preset as Not set
14. Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK
15. Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 22.214.171.124 then tap OK
16. Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
17. Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK
18. Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK
19. Tap Authentication type and tap PAP
20. Tap APN type and type *
21. Press the 3 Dots on the Top Right of the screen
22. Tap Save
23. Tap the circle next to the new profile so a green dot appears in it
24. Press the Back key four times to return to the main menu.
on 10-06-2012 10:15
I don't know why o2 won't just push the settings directly to some handsets. I could get the settings pushed to my Xperia Play, but my Sensation is a no go. I guarantee if they used the same method on the Sensation as they did on the Play it would work, likewise for the HOX. O2 seem intent on annoying customers, I can't wait til my contract is up.
on 11-06-2012 16:44
Hi I was wondering if you could help me, I have had a similar problem but with the HTC one s, I tried what you suggested but I still cant seem to select the new setting so a green dot appears. I followed everything exactly and I just cant seem to figure out what is going on!
Here is a screenshot, of the new - unselectable setting.
Any help is greatly appreciated
on 11-06-2012 20:13
on 27-06-2012 14:37
However this has not worked for me! I am able to select the new setting now but I still have not data connection