cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Signal/Reception problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I upgraded from iPhone 4 to HTC One a month or so ago and have noticed I seem to have issues with the signal strength. Where my iPhone used to get brilliant signal my HTC One either has poor or none. I spoke to someone in the O2 chat who talked me through doing a network reset and the signal was fine (at home). Where I work 3G is available and my iPhone got great signal. It now usually says I have H for internet signal and 3 bars for mobile reception, however when onthe internet it is either very slow at loading pages or doesn't load them at all and regularly drops of completely. Has anyone else noticed this and if so how does it get fixed? Thanks for your help. Helen
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's bizarre! Why wouldn't they have the correct icons available?

We're talking Apple here, think of the extra cost! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 16

TRyan1968
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too am having serious signal issues with my HTC One mini. I have a poor signal at home and at work. where as my sister who is on Vodafone and a collegue who has a HTC also on Vodafone have a better signal than me.  I have only had my phone a week and am very disappointed.  I had to replace my phone that I had just a few days as there was a problem with the mic. I have done a SIM swap and changed to GSM to see if this helps and not at all. I am also curently with Three and find there signal strength poor and decided to get a contract with O2 a little early and before my contract finished with Three.  I have to say I am very disappointed and now stuck with O2 for two years with a poor signal. I was deciding on who I should go with O2 or Vodafone.  I think I made a mistake I am sorry to say.

Message 12 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You are still in the 14 days to cancel the contract if you got it from O2....

Message 13 of 16

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @TRyan1968  it could be that they are upgrading masts in your area....?

Check the status here

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Before you change networks again, check with payg sim cards rather than guessing and hoping the signal will be good.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16