cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Mini - Constantly rebooting

Anonymous
Not applicable

My missus has a HTC One Mini and it has decided to constantly reboot itself. (every minute)

Googling around this seems to be a worryingly common occurence on most HTC handsets.

Some people are saying a complete reflash of the device is the only way to get it back. But some reporting even that doesn't fix it.

Problem is my missus has left a load of pictures on the phone of my 1 year old.

Her dropbox account was full so there are hundreds of precious pictures on the phone which we cannot get to.

Does anyone know how we can recover the phone enough to get the pictures off it.

It doesnt stay alive long enough to connect a USB and get the photos off.

I have been into the recovery menus but there is no real options which helps me and the USB seems to be disabled once in recovery mode.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Please let us know how you get on and I hope you manage to retrieve the photos. Just for future reference, always back up the photos to either dropbox, google drive or other cloud based storage. This can be done automatically without the need to do it manually on a regular basis simply by ticking the relevant box in the settings of the app.

Message 11 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@viridis I'll take your word for it, but I have been reading a few articles recently related to factory restore, as I'm thinking of selling my current phone, and many of the articles say that the standard Android factory restore leaves files on the phone. The only way to ensure it's wiped is to encrypt it before you do the restore. If that is the case, I was thinking that some recovery software might be able to retrieve the OP's photos. I am just guessing here though, and I'm sure you're much more knowledgeable about it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
@Bambino happy to stand corrected, it seems that some devices do indeed leave the contents of internal sd intact. And only wipe system and app data.
Hopefully this option can be used to repair the op's phone at least to get the pictures off.
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice.

If you use the menus then yes there is an option to wipe the phone without touching the personal data.

Unfortunately, the phone doesn't stay up long enough to do this. It reboots every 60 seconds.

In recovery mode which does stay up for longer. The factory reset option wipes everything.

I have been reading that you can recover the data. BTW HTC One Mini. does not have an SD card

@viridis wrote:
@Bambino happy to stand corrected, it seems that some devices do indeed leave the contents of internal sd intact. And only wipe system and app data.
Hopefully this option can be used to repair the op's phone at least to get the pictures off.

Message 14 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Internal sd --> user data.
Message 15 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As it is still rebooting in safe mode it is either a firmware corruption issue or a hardware fault.
You need to get a diagnostic run on the phone to find out which.
It will then determine how to tackle the photo issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Please come back and let us know if you're able to get this resolved. Best of luck. Hope you can get it sorted. slight_smile

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 17