cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire X Low Storage Warning Constantly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have a Desire X and I constantly have the low storage warning coming up. The only apps that are actually installed on the phone are the bloatware that comes with the phone that I never use. I can't move them to the sd card (I don't think).

When I go to view storage it shows the following:

App Storage 2.81GB / 2.91GB

Phone Storage 4.52MB / 1.09GB

SD Card 23.24GB / 29.71GB

All my apps that I can move are on the SD Card. I can't uninstall the preset ones and the auto upgrade whenever I reset them to factory.

Any ideas on what I can do? I really don't want to root my phone.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has also started happening on the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Note 3 although in those cases there was ample memory space.

I suspect a glitch in 4.4.2.
Message 11 of 18

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Could also be system updates gobbling up that space, I find that on an Xperia x10 mini. Updates to the OS, a couple of non - movable apps and their data and the low space warning was on permanently!
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit of a necro, but a little more information to share.

I was still getting storage issues after cleaning caches.

I noticed some apps taking up far too much space (e.g. Chrome 225mb - empty cache - 0 data). 

Rather than backup/wipe/restore, I just downgraded preinstalled apps & updated all again.

Result: over 250mb improvement overall (e.g. Chrome now 76Mb).

Procedure:

1: Settings > Apps > Downloaded.  If there's an "uninstall updates" button, use it.

2: update apps at Play Store

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
for clarity that's:
1: Settings > Apps > Dowloaded. Go through apps one by one, if there's an "uninstall updates" button, use it
Message 14 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Good tip slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic tip, thank you. I have just spent a few minutes rolling all the pre-installed bloatware back to the factory version and saved about 500mb! Not much for most phone users, but it's a good chunk. Thanks!

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every days a school day. slight_smile

I've learnt something new too. slight_smile
Message 17 of 18

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Another good tip to add to the memory banks wink

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 18 of 18