cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire HD

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have a relatively new phone, as above; does anyone know how to delete unwanted and annoying garbage that accidentally gets saved to the dictionary?

This is a fairly new technology to me and I am still learning, I have always had Nokia's before.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
From the keyboard, long press the microphone to get to the Touch Input settings menu. From there, click User Dictionary and edit out all your entries. You can also add entries (at the top), you can long-press an entry to edit, or click the red X to delete.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You can try settings, language and input.
In there you can see if anything been added to user dictionary and it may have the option of clearing the list.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
From the keyboard, long press the microphone to get to the Touch Input settings menu. From there, click User Dictionary and edit out all your entries. You can also add entries (at the top), you can long-press an entry to edit, or click the red X to delete.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122788 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I am going to ask this question. How do you know that @MI5 ??

(To my knowledge you have never had a HTC in your life). Did you google the answer? Genuine question here so flip answers do not qualify wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
2 x HTC Ones but they were on Kit Kat - I assume it's still the same?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122788 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
2 x HTC Ones but they were on Kit Kat - I assume it's still the same?

That explains it then. (Obviously I have no insider knowledge of your complete inventory of mobiles) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Just checked and it's on Google too slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful advice @MI5 !

Message 8 of 8