cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8X password doesnt work!!! screen lock password failed but hasnt been changed!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an HTC 8X which i my daughter uses, she had a screen lock password set for it so her little brothers didnt get into her phone, but when she got up yesterday morning she put in her password but it said wrong password, she tried a few more times but no luck!!!! now i am currently waiting for 600+ minutes until i can enter another password, but as i know the password i know it wont flaming well work!!!!

What is the likely issue with the phone?? is there a way to reset the phone or disable the password without getting into the phone? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could do a factory reset - the following is from the 8x user guide on the HTC site:

Performing a factory reset using phone buttons If you can’t turn your phone on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the phone's buttons.
1. Turn the power off. 2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen. 3. Then press the following hardware buttons in sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN.

Let us know how you get on

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible that her younger brothers may have worked out the original password and changed it - I suggest some interrogation may be in order

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

i asked them but they hadnt been near the phone, her phone was working fine the night before when she went to bed and her phone sits right beside her bed, and when she went to use it first thing in the morning it was locked up, strange and annoying to say the least.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could do a factory reset - the following is from the 8x user guide on the HTC site:

Performing a factory reset using phone buttons If you can’t turn your phone on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the phone's buttons.
1. Turn the power off. 2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen. 3. Then press the following hardware buttons in sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN.

Let us know how you get on

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

A word of warning though, performing a factory reset will delete all your settings/data etc., so be prepared to 'start again', as if you'd just got the phone.

Message 5 of 5