Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Well HTC have announced their new flagship, as expected the main selling point is a OIS front facing camera.

It does address some of the shortcomings from the previous iterations such as better battery, better rear camera, and more but I feel it is all too little too late to save HTC. They needed to do something big and bold to make people look up, and I feel this phone just won't deliver.

Plus with the price point expected to be that of the S7 it's a tall ask.

Message 1 of 503
502 REPLIES 502

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's tough at the top ya know wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 491 of 503

Simon241
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 54 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It looks like everyone loves Spigen cases Smiley LOL

I have to admit they look the best with their very specifice cut outs etc.

I ended up getting a Spigen Rugged Armor, Slim Armor and Neo Hybrid

But I think they are poor when it comes to protection, they will give some scuff protection but any falls from height is down to the phone's own resilience.

I have dropped mine and the phone case was popped off it.

The Otterbox double bumper cases have some serious protection in comparison and are difficult to take off even intentionally.

Shame they don't do a HTC 10 version

Message 492 of 503

Simon241
  • 54 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, another thing I noticed.

I do not have a screen protector on my HTC 10 and removed them from previous phones too.

The screen does not appear to get messed up as easily as any on my previous phones, is it coated?

Also just read a scathing review on the latest iPhone about it is basically the same phone as previous ones but waterproof.

That made me think about various reviews of the HTC 10 listed as one of the cons was no front facing speakers.

I have not seen that as a con on any other phone review.

I know it would be a comparison compared with previous incarnations but it shows how blinkered soem reviews are.

Although still gives it fives stars Bouncy https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/apr/27/htc-10-review-up-there-with-samsungs-besthttps://...

compared to this https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/23/iphone-7-review-poor-battery-lifehttps://www.theg...

Message 493 of 503

Simon241
  • 54 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How can "Taptic engine" be a pro?

It is just a different name for haptic feedback that other phones have.

Or are they claiming copyright on that too?

Message 494 of 503

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm really disappointed with this.  My O2 contract runs out on Christmas Eve, but I was hoping to use O2 refresh to get my upgrade a little earlier.  But now O2 are not offering the phone I want, and the fact you can't do O2 refresh through Carphone Warehouse, I have a bad feeling my contract will renew automatically with O2 and I'll be stuck with the that contract and unable to upgrade my phone.  I don't want the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. My wife already has the S6, and I don't want the same phone.  I want the HTC 10, and CPW are offering great deals on this.

Thanks

Steve
Message 495 of 503

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can still upgrade a month earlier with CPW.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 496 of 503

Simon241
  • 54 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You can just pay the tariff on refresh and buy a HTC 10 direct from HTC.
I know it is expensive but currently they are offering 15% off so £484.49 using code HTC15
Message 497 of 503

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Really? I thought if I paid off my O2 refresh early, I'd have to cancel my existing O2 airtime contract to allow me to do an upgrade through CPW?

I don't want to be stuck with 2 airtime contracts.

I would also not have O2 refresh enabled on my new contract, meaning I would no longer have the option to pay off my device plan early in the future.
Thanks

Steve
Message 498 of 503

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I can't afford to purchase the phone upfront, so that's not an option for me really 😞
Thanks

Steve
Message 499 of 503

Simon241
  • 54 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@welshsteve76

If you look at your refresh it is split into two parts.

One amount for the handset and the other for airtime.

If you go through CPW you would have to complete you current contract obligations to start a new contract.

But if you were to purchase a handset outright without a contract you can continue on your refresh paying just for airtime still with the option to upgrade to a different handset when they come along in the future

Message 500 of 503