Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Well HTC have announced their new flagship, as expected the main selling point is a OIS front facing camera.

It does address some of the shortcomings from the previous iterations such as better battery, better rear camera, and more but I feel it is all too little too late to save HTC. They needed to do something big and bold to make people look up, and I feel this phone just won't deliver.

Plus with the price point expected to be that of the S7 it's a tall ask.

Message 1 of 503
502 REPLIES 502

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cairdeas I'm the same. Big fan of HTC and I didn't switch to Samsung due to any issues with the handsets. I think it was just they didn't have something that caught my eye around the time I upgraded. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 503

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Cairdeas I'm the same. Big fan of HTC and I didn't switch to Samsung due to any issues with the handsets. I think it was just they didn't have something that caught my eye around the time I upgraded. 

same here Martin . I just needed a wee change..I do love my S6 Edge..but if I'm honest..I still prefer Sense to Touchwiz wink x

giphy-3
Message 12 of 503

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

I've always been a huge fan of HTC and never had a single problem with any of them.  I jumped to Samsung for a change after the M8 and have no complaints either..tho that m10  is shouting on me..Grumpy *resist*  x

It would be a shame if you were disappointed though @Cairdeas.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 503

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Oh I'll be staying with my Edge @Cleoriff..it's great! I won't last the 24 months tho..but I never do with any phone lol x:smileytongue:

giphy-3
Message 14 of 503

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

Oh I'll be staying with my Edge @Cleoriff..it's great! I won't last the 24 months tho..but I never do with any phone lol x:smileytongue:

And here's me hoping my Note 3 would develop powers of immortality....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 503

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope o2 anounce the HTC 10 soon, im over due an upgrade, and this is the phone i want. I'll be leaving o2 if they dont get on with it. I can already pre-order on lots of other sites

Message 16 of 503

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Maybe @Chris_K will be able to tell us if/when it will be stocked by O2...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 503

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Maybe @Chris_K will be able to tell us if/when it will be stocked by O2...

We're very proud of our longstanding relationship with HTC and look forward to working with them in the future, but we have no current plans to range the new HTC 10. We have several HTC phones in our range right now.

For those looking to get their hands on the HTC 10, we understand the disappointment this may cause and would suggest perhaps looking at CPW where you may still be able to get it on the O2 network and the many perks that brings (O2 Priority, Priority Tickets, TU, etc)

As always, we do welcome feedback so please do let us know of any feedback you have around the above decision.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 18 of 503

djlukew
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well that sucks. I always prefer going to network. Do they do o2 refresh there?

Currently the m10 is getting classed as the phone of the year. Aa a customer of 10 years I can definitely say that's a Poor effort from o2...
Message 19 of 503

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That won't be a popular decision and if it is indicative of the networks view of HTC it could well be the beginning of the end.
I mean, why would you not want to sell the latest flagship device from any manufacturer - esp one such as HTC ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 503