Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Well HTC have announced their new flagship, as expected the main selling point is a OIS front facing camera.

It does address some of the shortcomings from the previous iterations such as better battery, better rear camera, and more but I feel it is all too little too late to save HTC. They needed to do something big and bold to make people look up, and I feel this phone just won't deliver.

Plus with the price point expected to be that of the S7 it's a tall ask.

Message 1 of 503
502 REPLIES 502

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about good to hear that myself, my wife and two or even more friend are thinking about to leave o2 after few years of cooperation? Guess what it the reason. wink That is good info for o2? Im sure you dont' care at all. As you don't care about existing customers! No loyalty at all. 

Message 151 of 503

djlukew
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
May 20th I believe for the X, the Xa in June. No word on the bigger X performance though...
Message 152 of 503

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Bloomin gorgeous O2! wink x

giphy-3
Message 153 of 503

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

Bloomin gorgeous O2! wink x

It is @Cairdeas.... Sadly...O2 aren't interested...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 154 of 503

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you want something you go where you can get it, not just phones but everything in life. If you change banks do you think your existing bank will miss you....? You are just an account number but if they lose enough accounts due to their products and services, then they will take note. Unfortunately I don't think the number of people leaving due to their stupid business decision about the HTC 10 will have any effect on O2's profits or their rethinking the decision they have taken. 

Message 155 of 503

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I know! So disappointed in them. HTC's best phone yet. slight_frown x

giphy-3
Message 156 of 503

Robsa
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Another person here gutted if they really aren't going to stock the HTC 10. I really wanted one on refresh. The HTC 10 looks like a modernised M7, my fave phone ever...
Message 157 of 503

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

The below is an interesting opinion from the vodafone forum....

'There's another point I'd like to make. Ranging decision in national suppliers like Vodafone and O2 are not made on a whim or overnight. Some decisions can be taken for granted. Of course all networks will supply the next iPhone and Samsung Galaxy and these are planned years in advance. The Galaxy S8 will already be well advanced as will the iPhone 7 and 7S/8.

Thus this decision will not have been taken last week or even last month - probably taken months ago. It can't be changed on a whim either. HTC, like all manufacturers, has to juggle global logistics and get to the phone in stock to networks all over the world.

Even if VF listened to all of you and changed their policy today, they probably wouldn't be able to get their hands on stock for several weeks.'

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 158 of 503

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that is crazy, why would you not stock HTC's flagship mobile...... that will be me and my partner leaving o2. why would we go to CPW on o2 when they offer deals on Vodafone cheaper then o2. or i could go to an online company even cheaper...!! sad day o2 have lost 2 customers from my household... i wonder how many more will switch...!!
Message 159 of 503

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
i wonder how many more will switch...!!

Not that many.....certainly not enough to damage O2's revenues.......now if you were talking about an Apple mobile phone (see what I did there ?) then that would be a significant blow to O2's business.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 160 of 503