Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Slate Tablet use abroad

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have a HP Slate tablet which I have used abroad with Wifi and it works brilliantly. However next month I will be taking it to Spain and for a few days I will be without WiFi.. The Slate came with its own HP datapass which is fine for limited use in the UK.

I have never removed the datapass but understand it is micro sim size?

Has anyone got any ideas about what will work in the tablet whilst I am abroad? I must know for sure as I can't risk getting it to Spain only to find it doesn't work......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just had a look at the datapass T&C's https://hpdatapass.foggmobile.com/#/terms and it looks like you can top that sim up and use it Spain anyway.
It also runs on the Three network too wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Three PAYG sim with £15 add on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You could also tether off your phone but will be using your contract data.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Three PAYG sim with £15 add on.

Wasn't it a 3 sim I had in the dongle for my netbook I kept in Spain and it didn't work? (probably because it needed setting up here...)

Anyway, if I did go for the 3 sim.....a couple of questions

1) Would the sim work in the tablet here in the UK?....

2) Would it be best to put it in here in the UK before I went abroad?...(so I am sure it works?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You could also tether off your phone but will be using your contract data.

No...I certainly wont be doing that...blimey just getting used to my Lollipop updated phone and you talk about tethering LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
1 - Yes
2 - Yes

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well I will take my tablet down to the 3 shop in town and get them to set it up then....

And when I get to Spain and turn it on...without WiFi....lets hope it works...

PS...you will actually be back from your hols then so there will be no place to hide....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The add on is valid for 30 days so make sure it covers the time you are away from when you set it up.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just had a look at the datapass T&C's https://hpdatapass.foggmobile.com/#/terms and it looks like you can top that sim up and use it Spain anyway.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Well thanks for that. Who knew? in fairness I have only ever used the Slate over WiFi when abroad. The datapass is only 250mb so I never gave any thought to trying it mobile data wise.

Thanks Rich...( I will top up the datapass...and probably get a 3 sim as well just to be doubly sure)...Happy Dance

Tardis.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12